Byron Bay Nightclubs & Pubs
There are various other night spots and clubs in Byron Bay - some such as Cheeky Monkeys and CocoMangas both on Jonson Street have become a bit of an institution with the backpacker crowd.
More upmarket and more local and loungey and more a place to be 'scene' are places like La La Land on Lawson Street.
Below are some of Byron Bays best nighclubs and pubs.
Railway Friendly Bar
The Railway Friendly Bar (known as The Rails) is situated right in the heart of Byron Bay. The Rails is world famous for its fantastic live music every night of the year! Popular with backpackers and locals.
Great Northern Hotel
The Great Northern is the best place to see live music in Byron Bay, with all the charm and grace of a grand old pub. The Hotel Great Northern is right at the heart of Byron Bay’s vibrant nightlife.
- Good place for a beer, Pokies, Pool tables
- Bottle shop located behind
The Byron Bay Beach Hotel is Australia's most easterly pub. A Byron insitution, pretty much everyone ends up here at some point in their stay.
Cocomangas is a safe place to party and is Byron Bays longest running night club.
Upstairs Cocktail Bar & Nightclub open 9pm
Cheeky Monkeys Nightclub
- Most Schoolies party here - it is the most popular spot
- A place where they actually have good music, which you dance to on top of tables
- Can get very sweaty as it is packed with people
- Theme nights are held; Wet T-shirt comps every sun night
- It is definitely the place to meet other schoolies, or cute backpackers / tourists
- Cost - Cover charge to get in, drinks are pretty cheap
- You can have (cheap) dinners there before it all kicks off at around 10:30pm
La La Land (Nightclub/bar)
- Comfy couches-house music
- Trendy sort of bar